Utilities for research involving words.
Python package containing functions that may be useful for word research.
This project is a work in progress. New functions may be added at any point. I will use semantic versioning to make the impact of any changes to the package clear.
- clusters: Extract consonant clusters from a list of words.
- neighbors: Find the phonological neighbors of a list of words using the one-phoneme deletion, addition, or substitution rule (Luce & Pisoni, 1998).
- syllable_filter: Extract words with the desired number of syllables from a list.
- words_only: Retrieve only the column of interest from a data frame-like corpus. Specifically intended for extracting words, but has flexibility.
- Python 3 (developed with 3.5)
- pandas (developed with 0.18.1)
Using pip install
pip3 install wordutils
git clone https://github.com/cranndarach/wordutils.git cd wordutils python setup.py install --user
This package is licensed under the terms of the MIT license, copyright (c) 2016 R. J. Steiner.
Luce, P. A., & Pisoni, D. B. (1998). Recognizing spoken words: The neighborhood activation model. Ear and Hearing, 19(1), 1.