synonym: Instant synonym answers via command line.
synonym: instant synonym answers via command line. 🖖
synonym is nice because it allows you stay in the console. If you love editing articles, essays and blogs using a console-based text editor, and from time to time find yourself searching synonyms for verbs and adjectives, then it is for you.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://synonym.readthedocs.io.
- If the word was mispelled, synonym would give a guess.
- Limiting to a specific property (n., v., adj., adv.) is possible.
- synonym uses cache by default for faster access. Caching can be disabled by setting
SYNONYM_DISABLE_CACHEenvironment variable. The cache is in
- Powered by:
- Beautiful terminal colors thanks to crayons.
- Inspired by howdoi
usage: synonym [-h] [-p property] [the word of interest] positional arguments: The Word of Interest optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -p, --property the property of interest, choose from [n, v, adj, adv] -c, --color enable colorized output -C, --clear-cache clear the cache -v, --version display the current version of synonym
pip install synonym
- First release on PyPI.
- Second release on PyPI.
- Third release on PyPI.