Tools to enable structural systems biology
## ssbio This Python package provides a collection of tools for people with questions in the realm of structural systems biology. The main goals of this package are to:
- Provide an easy way to map proteins to sequences and structures
- Directly link structures to genome-scale SBML models
- Prepare structures for downstream analyses, such as their use in molecular modeling software
##### Example questions you can answer with this package:
- How can I determine the number of protein structures available for my list of genes?
- What is the best, representative structure for my protein?
- Where, in a metabolic network, do these proteins work?
- Where do popular mutations show up on a protein?
- How can I compare the structural features of an entire proteome?
- and more…
## Documentation Read the documentation [here](http://ssbio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/).
## Quick install
First install NGLview: `bash pip install nglview `
Then install ssbio: `bash pip install ssbio `
Updating `bash pip install ssbio --upgrade `
Uninstalling `bash pip uninstall ssbio `
### External programs to install See: [Software Installations](https://github.com/SBRG/ssbio/wiki/Software-Installations)