Generate markdown from python docstrings.
This is a Concept Only
Simpledoc is tool to create markdown (.md) files from your projects docstrings. The only requirments are to have a config file and and simpledoc installed. Then running the command will traverse your project modules and pull all the docstrings.
sudo pip install -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi simpledoc
[controllers.api] document_name = README.md [services] include_classes = False include_functions = False document_name = README.md
Then run the simpledoc command.
$ simpledoc.py --config=my_config.ini
The output will be a README.md file with all the docstrings in the modules controllers.api and services.
Command Line Options
The following are the command line options:
- –config=”file” : Required. File where the config settings are for this project.
The following are settings that can be used for each section of a config file.
- include_module: Include the docstring for the module.
- include_classes: Include the docstring for each class.
- include_class_methods: Include the docstring for each class method
- include_functions: Include the docstring for each function in the module.
- document_name: the path and file name of where the markdown file should be stored.
- black_list: is a list of packages or modules to be ignored.