Python wrappers for SciDB
SciDB-py is a full-featuered Python interface to SciDB. Its goal is to allow users to utilize the power of SciDB from Python, using a familiar and intuitive numpy-like syntax. For more information, see the SciDB Documentation.
- Authors: Jake VanderPlas <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Chris Beaumont <email@example.com>
- License: Simplified BSD
- Documentation: http://scidb-py.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
SciDB-Py has several Python package dependencies:
- tested with version 1.7.
- tested with version 1.2. (Note: known failures exist when used with requests version < 1.0) Required for using the Shim interface to SciDB.
- Pandas (optional)
- tested with version 0.10. Required only for importing/exporting SciDB arrays as Pandas Dataframe objects.
- SciPy (optional)
- tested with versions 0.10-0.12. Required only for importing/exporting SciDB arrays as SciPy sparse matrices.
- Required for some tests
For full installation information, please see the Documentation.
To install the latest stable release via the Python Package Index, use ` pip install scidb-py `
to install from source, download the Source and type ` python setup.py install `
Depending on how your Python installation is set up, you may need root privileges for this.