Utility for creating and uploading zip packages
The release-manager is a Python utility for easily uploading zipped binaries to a destination target. It allows you to:
- Create new package versions
- Upload artifacts to said version
- Currently only support zip
- Upload to multiple targets
- Currently only supports BinTray
- Combine N binaries into the artifact that is then uploaded
- Upload N artifacts to for the package
- Option 1: Download this repository and run: python setup.py install
- Option 2: Install from pip: pip install release-manager
usage: release-manager.py [-h] [--config CONFIG] [--make-version] [--make-artifact] [--upload-artifact] [--check-version] [--version] BinTray utility for creating and uploading zip packages. optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --config CONFIG the path to the configuration yaml file --make-version makes a new version for the package --make-artifact makes the artifacts that will be uploaded --upload-artifact uploads the artifacts to the targets --check-version checks that the version specified matches the build --version show program's version number and exit
Please note when specifying the options to run that they will be applied to every package in your config file.
- You cannot upload the artifacts without also making the artifacts:
- --upload-artifact requires --make-artifact
- Checking the version is useful for automated build tools such as travis to assert that you have the correct build versions specified
The release-manager requires a config be passed to it in the form of a yaml file. You can find a sample config in the resources directory.
To get values from the environment at runtime set the value like the following:
some_env_key: <%= ENV['SOME_ENV_VALUE'] %>
To evaluate a shell command at runtime set the value like the following:
some_cmd_value: <%= CMD['cat VERSION'] %>
NOTE: If the command does not exit with code 0 the config will not load.
Copyright and license
The Release Manager is copyright 2016 Snowplow Analytics Ltd.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this software except in compliance with the License.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.