Python 2.7 library and scripts for interfacing with GCAM
The pygcam package is currently under development. It is a Python package that provides classes, functions, and scripts for working with GCAM.
- Project workflow management framework that lets you define steps to run and run them all or run steps selectively.
- The main gt (think “gcamtool”) script, which provides numerous sub-commands, and can be extended by writing plug-ins.
- The gt sub-commands facilitate key steps in working with GCAM, including:
- Setting up experiments by modifying XML input files and configuration.xml
- Running GCAM, locally or by queueing jobs on a Linux cluster
- Querying the GCAM database to extract results to CSV files
- Interpolating between time-steps and computing differences between baseline and policy cases
- Plotting results
- The scripts are based on the pygcam API, which is fully documented on readthedocs.org. Use the scripts or API to develop your own custom applications or plug-ins for use with gt.
- Scripts that provide flexible command-line interfaces to the functionality provided by the library.
- Customization through an extensive configuration system
How do I get set up?
The easiest way to to install directly from PyPi:
pip install pygcam
Alternatively, clone the repository or download the tarball and run this command on the included setup.py file:
python setup.py install
Who do I talk to?
- Rich Plevin (firstname.lastname@example.org)