A simple command-line podcatcher.
a podcatcher that will finally work (for me)
This should support Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5. Feel free to report any issues here, and I’ll investigate when/if I can.
Directory for config file:
- OSX: /Users/[USERNAME]/Preferences/puckfetcher/config.yaml
- Linux: /home/[USERNAME]/.config/puckfetcher/config.yaml
Build + Install:
python setup.py install
python setup.py test
This should be on PyPI and maybe other places soon.
- Retrieve podcast feed.
- Get podcast file URL from feed.
- Download podcast file.
- Download a set number of podcasts from a feed’s backlog.
- Detect number of feeds a podcast is behind based on last downloaded.
- Load settings from a file to determine which podcasts to download.
- Save settings to a cache to restore on application load.
- Intelligently merge user settings and application cache.
- Add script entry point to repeatedly update subscriptions.
- ~100% test coverage
- lower code climate issues
- Git signing?
- PyPI release
- Use etags/last-modified header to skip downloading feeds if we already have the latest feed.
- Text-based progress for downloads/other time-consuming actions.
- Clean up at least filenames based on feed title.
- Add MP3 tag support to clean up tags based on feed information if it’s messy.
- ncurses support/gui of some kind
- Attempt to support Jython/PyPy/IronPython/3.4/3.3
- Investigate Python static typing with https://docs.python.org/dev/library/typing.html#module-typing and mypy.