nose2 is the next generation of nicer testing for Python
Looking for maintainers. See https://github.com/nose-devs/nose2/issues/261
Welcome to nose2
nose2 is the next generation of nicer testing for Python, based on the plugins branch of unittest2. nose2 aims to improve on nose by:
- providing a better plugin api
- being easier for users to configure
- simplifying internal interfaces and processes
- supporting Python 2 and 3 from the same codebase, without translation
- encouraging greater community involvement in its development
In service of some those goals, some features of nose will not be supported in nose2. See differences for a thorough rundown.
In time – once unittest2 supports plugins – nose2 should be able to become just a collection of plugins and configuration defaults. For now, it provides a plugin api similar to the one in the unittest2 plugins branch, and overrides various unittest2 objects.
You are witnesses at the new birth of nose, mark 2. Hope you enjoy our new direction!