A tool for managing computational experiments.
Neronet is going to be a framework designed to facilitate the specification, submission, monitoring, control, analysis and management of many different computational experiments in collaboration with computing cluster resource managers and job schedulers such as [Slurm](https://computing.llnl.gov/linux/slurm/).
Neronet is a software development project undertaken by Team 11 of the Aalto University course CSE-C2610 Software Project of semestern 2015-16 for Pyry Takala from the [Aalto deep learning research group](http://research.ics.aalto.fi/bayes/). The project was started in October 19th 2015 and will be finished by April 11th 2016. The project is conducted in seven sprints and Scrum is employed.
This project is under the [MIT License](./LICENSE).
The project repo contains two main branches:
- [stable](https://github.com/smarisa/neronet/tree/sprint) – the stable state of the product as per the latest finished increment. It’s content should be production ready, and it has passed our definition of done.
- [sprint](https://github.com/smarisa/neronet/tree/sprint) – the work in progress of the currently ongoing increment (sprint).
The sprint branch is under active development and will be merged to stable once the current sprint increment is done.
## General information
The files listed below offer lots of project related information:
- [Project Information](./doc/project_information.md) – notes by the team to direct development
- [Project Introduction](./doc/project_introduction.pdf) – original project proposal by the PO
- [Product Vision](./doc/product_vision.pdf) – why, what, for whom
- [Process Overview](./doc/process_overview.pdf) – how in practice (schedule, development practices)
- [Technical Overview](./doc/technical_overview.pdf) – what in practice (architecture, etc.)
- [Definition of Done](./doc/definition_of_done.pdf) – a Scrum tool to help us ensure high quality
- [Progress report](./doc/progress_report.pdf) – our latest project progress overview
## Notes on related themes
- [Evaluation](./doc/notes_on_evaluation.md) – a summary of course evaluation criteria
- [Meetings](./doc/notes_on_meetings.md) – a chronology of meetings history with related notes
- [Teamwork](./doc/notes_on_teamwork.md) – notes to improve teamwork
- [Tools](./doc/notes_on_tools.md) – notes on selected or candidate tools
- [Scrum](./doc/notes_on_scrum.md) – some notes on Scrum
- [Architecture](./doc/notes_on_architecture.md) – notes about the initial sketching of the product system architecture
The team consists of
- Samuel Marisa (smarisa) – scrum master
- Teemu Blomqvist (blomqvt1) – developer
- Joona Marjakangas (AbleCable1) – developer
- Tuomo Perä (ltukezl) – developer
- Matias Pitkänen (Matte27) – developer
- Iiro Tähkä (Donkeyhead) – developer
- Eero Laukkanen (ecimon) – agile coach
- Pyry Takala – product owner
To learn more about us, you can check this repository’s [IO page](http://smarisa.github.io/neronet) which we prepared for our PO when applying for this project.