N-D labeled arrays in Python
The easiest route to installing larray is through Conda. For all platforms installing larray can be done with:
conda install -c gdementen larray
This will install a lightweight version of larray depending only on Numpy and Pandas libraries only. Additional libraries are required to use the included graphical user interface, make plots or use special I/O functions for easy dump/load from Excel or HDF files. Optional dependencies are described below.
Installing larray with all optional dependencies can be done with
conda install -c gdementen larrayenv
You can also first add the channel gdementen to your channel list
conda config --add channels gdementen
and then install larray (or larrayenv) as
conda install larray
Building from source
The latest release of LArray is available from https://github.com/liam2/larray.git
Once you have satisfied the requirements detailed below, simply run:
python setup.py install
For IO (HDF, Excel)
- pytables: for working with files in HDF5 format.
- xlrd: for reading data and formatting information from older Excel files (ie: .xls)
- openpyxl: recommended package for reading and writing Excel 2010 files (ie: .xlsx)
- xlsxwriter: alternative package for writing data, formatting information and, in particular, charts in the Excel 2010 format (ie: .xlsx)
- larray_eurostat: provides functions to easily download EUROSTAT files as larray objects. Currently limited to TSV files.
For Graphical User Interface
LArray includes a graphical user interface to view and edit arrays.
- matplotlib: required for plotting.
If larray has been installed through conda, update is done via
conda update larray
Be careful if you have installed optional dependencies. In that case, you may have to update some of them.
If larray has been installed through larrayenv, you simply must do
conda update larrayenv
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|larray-0.21-py2.py3-none-any.whl (161.0 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||3.5||Wheel||Mar 29, 2017|
|larray-0.21.tar.gz (153.3 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Mar 29, 2017|