IntelMQ is a solution for CERTs to process data feeds, pastebins, tweets throught a message queue.
IntelMQ is a solution for CERTs for collecting and processing security feeds, pastebins, tweets and log files using a message queuing protocol. It’s a community driven initiative called IHAP (Incident Handling Automation Project) which was conceptually designed by European CERTs during several InfoSec events. Its main goal is to give to incident responders an easy way to collect & process threat intelligence thus improving the incident handling processes of CERTs.
IntelMQ’s design was influenced by AbuseHelper, however it was re-written from scratch and aims at:
- Reduce the complexity of system administration
- Reduce the complexity of writing new bots for new data feeds
- Reduce the probability of events lost in all process with persistence functionality (even system crash)
- Use and improve the existing Data Harmonization Ontology
- Use JSON format for all messages
- Integration of the existing tools (AbuseHelper, CIF)
- Provide easy way to store data into Log Collectors like ElasticSearch, Splunk
- Provide easy way to create your own black-lists
- Provide easy communication with other systems via HTTP RESTFUL API
It follows the following basic meta-guidelines:
- Don’t break simplicity - KISS
- Keep it open source - forever
- Strive for perfection while keeping a deadline
- Reduce complexity/avoid feature bloat
- Embrace unit testing
- Code readability: test with unexperienced programmers
- Communicate clearly
Table of Contents
How to Install
See Developers Guide.
Check out this graphical tool and easily manage an IntelMQ system.
Incident Handling Automation Project
IntelMQ use the Data Harmonization. Check the following document.
How to participate
- Subscribe to the Intelmq-dev Mailing list: https://lists.cert.at/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/intelmq-dev (for developers)
- Watch out for our regular developers conf call
- IRC: server: irc.freenode.net, channel: #intelmq
- Via github issues
- Via Pull requests (please do read help.github.com first)
This software is licensed under GNU Affero General Public License version 3