Structured, metadata-enhanced data storage.
Project DescriptionRelease History
DSCH provides structured, metadata-enhanced data storage for Python 3.
- Application-specific, user-defined data schemas
- Data fields (e.g. NumPy arrays, date/time, strings)
- Data validation (e.g. array size limits)
- Container elements (dict- or list-like)
- Arbitrary nested data structures
- Ensures consistent data input for later processing
- Metadata included in schemas
- Consistent metadata for all datasets/files
- Implicit documentation of dataset contents
- Use e.g. for the unit of a physical quantity
- Support for multiple storage backends
- Unified user frontend
- Data handling is independent from the backend in use