Automated Python Push-Deploy
Setting up a git push deployment target isn’t terribly difficult, but it gets tedious if you do it often.
With app-d, creating new push-deploy setups becomes a little bit easier. In addition, app-d sets up a remote repository that other developers with group permissions can push and deploy to as well.
What Does it Do?
In short, app-d runs through the following steps:
- Connect to your remote server
- Add a group
- Add your user to the new group
- Create directories for the remote repository and the application itself
- Set correct permissions and handling ACL for these directories
- Install a post-receive hook for correct deployment
- Python 3.3+
$ pip install app-d
Run app-d for an interactive version, or see app-d --help for CLI arguments.