Running the tests:
## Development FAQ:
* How do I run it in debug mode?
You can set the environment variable DEBUG and then run, this will set
logging level to `debug` and will make python load `alertlogic` lib from
`.` instead of python's `sys.path`
`$ DEBUG=yes alertlogic-cli --help`
* How can I tune logging?
You can use any log handlers provided by the python `logging` library.
Please see https://docs.python.org/2/library/logging.config.html#logging-config-fileformat
to create a logging configuration file. An example of a logging
configuration is placed to the `share/logging_config.ini.example`. This
configuration enables two log handlers to write messages to the stream and
to the syslog. Please provide the command line argument `--logging_config_file`
pointing on your custom configuration file to enable your custom log handlers.
* Building and publishing to the PyPi
In order to build, publish and test the package you need to create `~/.pypirc`:
After it is created the following commands allow you to build upload and test the package:
* `make dist` - buids the package and puts it into `dist/` subfolder
* `make upload` - uploads to the `testpypi` server under alertlogic organization
* `make install` - installs the package locally(not from PyPi, to install from PyPi use pip)
* `make uninstall` - removes the package from the system
* `make register` - register the package with testpypi
* `make register_prod` - register the package with pypi
* `make upload` - build and upload version of the package to the testpypi
* `make upload_prod` - build and upload version of the package to the pypi(then can be installed as `pip install alertlogic-cli`)
In order to install the package remotely from testpypi, after it is uploaded,
use the following command:
`pip install -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi alertlogic-cli`
In order to manipulate previous releases(delete, hide, etc.) PyPi web interface to be used:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi - for the production
https://testpypi.python.org/pypi - for the testpypi
General documentation is listed here:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.