a command line interface and FUSE filesystem for Amazon Cloud Drive
acd_cli provides a command line interface to Amazon Cloud Drive and allows mounting your cloud drive using FUSE for read and write access. It is currently in beta stage.
Node Cache Features
- caching of local node metadata in an SQLite database
- addressing of remote nodes via a pathname (e.g. /Photos/kitten.jpg)
- file search
- tree or flat listing of files and folders
- simultaneous uploads/downloads, retry on error
- basic plugin support
- upload/download of single files and directories
- streamed upload/download
- folder creation
- moving/renaming nodes
The full documentation is available at https://acd-cli.readthedocs.org.
CLI Usage Example
In this example, a two-level folder hierarchy is created in an empty cloud drive. Then, a relative local path local/spam is uploaded recursively using two connections.
$ acd_cli sync Syncing... Done. $ acd_cli ls / [PHwiEv53QOKoGFGqYNl8pw] [A] / $ acd_cli mkdir /egg/ $ acd_cli mkdir /egg/bacon/ $ acd_cli upload -x 2 local/spam/ /egg/bacon/ [################################] 100.0% of 100MiB 12/12 654.4KB/s $ acd_cli tree / egg/ bacon/ spam/ sausage spam [...]
The standard node listing format includes the node ID, the first letter of its status and its full path. Possible statuses are “AVAILABLE” and “TRASH”.
It is not possible to upload files using Python 3.2.3, 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 due to a bug in the http.client module.
If you encounter Unicode problems, check that your locale is set correctly or use the --utf argument to force the script to use UTF-8 output encoding. Windows users may try to execute the provided reg file (assets/win_codepage.reg), tested with Windows 8.1, to set the command line interface encoding to cp65001.
- the current upload file size limit is 50GiB
- uploads of large files >10 GiB may be successful, yet a timeout error is displayed (please check the upload by syncing manually)
- storage of node names is case-preserving, but not case-sensitive (this should not concern Apple users)
- it is not possible to share or delete files
Have a look at the contributing guidelines.
- general improvements for FUSE
- FUSE write support added
- added automatic logging
- sphinx documentation added
- FUSE read support added
- sync speed-up
- node listing format changed
- optional node listing coloring added (for Linux or via LS_COLORS)
- re-added possibility for local OAuth
- curl dependency removed
- added job queue, simultaneous transfers
- retry on error
- setuptools support
- workaround for download of files larger than 10 GiB
- automatic resuming of downloads