Arimaa Engine Interface tools
This package provides a specification for the Arimaa Engine Interface (AEI). It also includes some tools for using engines that implement AEI. Including an interface to the arimaa.com gameroom. A full description of AEI can be found in the file aei-protocol.txt.
The scripts included for working with an AEI engine are:
- A simple script that runs an engine and has it search a given position or move sequence.
- AEI controller that connects to the arimaa.com gameroom and plays a game.
- Keeps a bot making moves as needed in any postal games it is a participant in.
- Plays engines against each other in a round robin tournament.
- Very basic AEI engine, just plays random step moves.
Basic examples of using the scripts can be found in the file usage.rst.
The pyrimaa package also includes modules implementing the controller side of the AEI protocol (aei.py), the Arimaa position representation (as bitboards in board.py and x88 in x88board.py), and a few utility functions for handling Arimaa timecontrols (util.py).